Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New humor feature!

I've started watching TV again, if only a bit here and there. For the past week or so, I've supplemented my dinner with a hearty helping of Cash Cab, and while I like the show very much, the same commercials run night after night. The same goddamn commercials.

Which brings me to the first official semi-regular humor feature that I will be starting on this blog. Whenever I see a particularly awful commercial, I'll hunt down a Youtube link, post it here if possible (in case you haven't seen it, or if you need the painful memory to be refreshed), and then provide my own commentary on the commercial. It'll be fun.

To kick this off, I'd like to say a few short words about that one Kashi commercial. You know, the one with some white woman hanging out with a bunch of Indian women who are harvesting grains and spices. She remarks that her job at Kashi is to take these ingredients and make food that is both good tasting and good for you. They show some boxes of granola bars and cereal and shit. Fair enough. The commercial closes with the company's motto: "7 whole grains on a mission," as the Indian women stroll off into the distance.

Mission, eh? Like one of those missions where you befriend the "inferior" natives and then try and convert them, which is usually part of some larger imperialistic scheme? Note that the company has sent seven whole grains on this mission. Check out some of the sevens that pop up in the Christian faith.

COINCIDENCE? I think so.

Yeah, it probably is.

Pardon the half-assed attempt at a conspiracy theory. I needed something to rant about, since they play "Wonderwall" every fucking day at work, and it makes me want to jump into the trash compacter. Maybe next time I'll be able to find the commercial on Youtube.

1 comment:

the_arpinity said...

POAST MOAR POADCARSTS

IT'S MONDAY FFS

on a side note, my captcha for this post is "hater"